Short Fiction by Writers of Color (June/July)
Over the past month I’ve been putting together lists of speculative fiction short stories by writers of color for the Carl Brandon Society blog. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I’m also going to publish these lists here each month. Plus, I and others have been adding data to the Carl Brandon wiki, which you should all consider contributing to if you’re a fan of works by people of color.
I’ve collected data going all the way back to January of 2009, but here I’m only going to list June and July. You can see January/ February, March/April, and May at the links. (Plus there’s stuff published in anthologies and collections.) Also, you can see all the stories listed on the wiki.
If you’re reading this entry many months from now, you may want to skip right to the wiki, because I suspect that will soon supplant the blog posts as far as comprehensiveness goes. I don’t think I’ve yet found all of the short fiction by POC and I’m hoping that authors, editors and readers will help out by adding whatever information I’m currently missing.
On to the lists.
- Placa del Fuego by Tobias S. Buckell — Clarkesworld Magazine
- 20% Off Designer Genes by Lee Gimenez — Static Movement Magazine
- A Small Sacrifice by Lee Gimenez — Morpheus Tales Magazine
- Daniel 7 by Lee Gimenez — M-Brane Magazine
- The United States of Generica by Lee Gimenez
- Tough Love by Don Pizarro — Reflection’s Edge
- Another Beautiful Day by Lee Gimenez — Skive Magazine
- September 12 by Lee Gimenez — Aphelion Magazine
- Shard of Glass by Alaya Dawn Johnson — PodCastle
- Homecoming by E.C. Myers in A Thousand Faces
If you’re a writer of color and have a story coming out later this year (including August), please let me know by filling out this form.
If you had something published in 2008, head over to the wiki and add it!