Oklahoma GOP Lawmaker Sally Kern: ‘Blacks’ Don’t Work As Hard As White People
“Minorities earn less than white people because they don’t work as hard and have less initiative. We have a high percentage of blacks in prison, and that’s tragic, but are they in prison just because they are black or because they don’t want to study as hard in school? I’ve taught school, and I saw a lot of people of color who didn’t study hard because they said the government would take care of them.”
Rep. Sally Kern, R-Oklahoma City
ThinkProgress » Oklahoma GOP Lawmaker Sally Kern: ‘Blacks’ Don’t Work As Hard As White People
Once upon a time, someone thought that the civil rights movement managed to get rid of blatant racism from our governments. Clearly they were wrong. I find it interesting how the world is ‘apparently’ getting more progressive, and yet the so-called free world is suddenly full of prominent people who seem to believe that they’re living in 1321 and thus can get away with blatant examples of racism and homophobia.
Let me give you a number of examples;
- Yesterday Donald Trump referred to the Chinese people as a people that is ‘ripping off our country [i.e. the US]’ and that ‘China is taking our jobs’. In my world statements like these reek of racism.
- 5,6% of everyone who voted in the last Swedish election supported a party that has outspoken racist policies.
- The French government has banned the use of veils, thereby making Islamophobia state law.
- 20.1% of the Finns supported a racist party in the recent elections.
- The new Hungarian constitution made it impossible for gay people to marry, and furthermore states that sexism and ageism don’t constitute real forms of discrimination.
I don’t have anything for this but sputtering rage. Perhaps I’m just not educated enough to form a response.
From The Angry Black Tumblr | Comment below or Reblog @ Tumblr
4 thoughts on “Oklahoma GOP Lawmaker Sally Kern: ‘Blacks’ Don’t Work As Hard As White People”
exasperated *sigh* and rolls eyes to ceiling
So the homophobe is a racist, too? Shocked, I am.
I apologize for my state. *hangs head in shame*
Comments are closed.